{vb:raw includedgeophp} Looking back - WebSeth

Go Back   WebSeth > General > The Wall

Old 07-06-2017, 14:52   #1
TomNerdy

TomNerdy has a reputation beyond reputeTomNerdy has a reputation beyond reputeTomNerdy has a reputation beyond reputeTomNerdy has a reputation beyond reputeTomNerdy has a reputation beyond reputeTomNerdy has a reputation beyond reputeTomNerdy has a reputation beyond reputeTomNerdy has a reputation beyond reputeTomNerdy has a reputation beyond reputeTomNerdy has a reputation beyond reputeTomNerdy has a reputation beyond repute
Looking back

There are still lots of old posts from The Wall that can be found by clicking Search or by clicking the link for Private Messages. It goes back many years. You might enjoy reading some of the old ones again.
TomNerdy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2017, 14:20   #2
Billyga

Billyga has a brilliant futureBillyga has a brilliant futureBillyga has a brilliant futureBillyga has a brilliant futureBillyga has a brilliant futureBillyga has a brilliant futureBillyga has a brilliant futureBillyga has a brilliant futureBillyga has a brilliant futureBillyga has a brilliant futureBillyga has a brilliant future
Send a message via Yahoo to Billyga
Re: Looking back

There used to be good conversation and camaraderie here. The Wall and Seth's cam chat helped me trough a time when I was not able to get out much. I miss the old days here.

"My wife's schlong is bigger than mine and I'm okay with that." --B. Obama
Billyga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2017, 18:19   #3
Billyga

Billyga has a brilliant futureBillyga has a brilliant futureBillyga has a brilliant futureBillyga has a brilliant futureBillyga has a brilliant futureBillyga has a brilliant futureBillyga has a brilliant futureBillyga has a brilliant futureBillyga has a brilliant futureBillyga has a brilliant futureBillyga has a brilliant future

451 Views to this thread and only 1 person has replied to Tom's post. This forum is D.E.A.D.

RIP

Old 07-26-2017, 01:21   #4
LeeInChicago

LeeInChicago has much to be proud ofLeeInChicago has much to be proud ofLeeInChicago has much to be proud ofLeeInChicago has much to be proud ofLeeInChicago has much to be proud ofLeeInChicago has much to be proud ofLeeInChicago has much to be proud ofLeeInChicago has much to be proud ofLeeInChicago has much to be proud of

I used to very much enjoy posting here.
LeeInChicago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2017, 14:50   #5
TomNerdy

TomNerdy has a reputation beyond reputeTomNerdy has a reputation beyond reputeTomNerdy has a reputation beyond reputeTomNerdy has a reputation beyond reputeTomNerdy has a reputation beyond reputeTomNerdy has a reputation beyond reputeTomNerdy has a reputation beyond reputeTomNerdy has a reputation beyond reputeTomNerdy has a reputation beyond reputeTomNerdy has a reputation beyond reputeTomNerdy has a reputation beyond repute

This was the first Social Media popular site, I think.
TomNerdy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2017, 17:33   #6
overboard

overboard is a splendid one to beholdoverboard is a splendid one to beholdoverboard is a splendid one to beholdoverboard is a splendid one to beholdoverboard is a splendid one to beholdoverboard is a splendid one to beholdoverboard is a splendid one to behold

Yeah, pretty much dead. I look in every now and then but don't really have much to say.

overboard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2017, 15:48   #7
Billyga

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeeInChicago View Post
I used to very much enjoy posting here.
Me too. I guess Facebook and other media have killed us. We had a good run!

Old 08-05-2017, 01:33   #8
kyaume

kyaume is a splendid one to beholdkyaume is a splendid one to beholdkyaume is a splendid one to beholdkyaume is a splendid one to beholdkyaume is a splendid one to beholdkyaume is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via Skype™ to kyaume

Quote:
Originally Posted by overboard View Post
Yeah, pretty much dead. I look in every now and then but don't really have much to say.
The problem is, we have too much to say. Look at the news, we can't keep up with events any longer. By the time we have written a post, someone is impeached, or sacked or quartered. There has been such an exponential growth in stupidity that even global warming has been left behind, and look at the soaring temperatures in East-Asia.

Oh, on the latter matter, I read this item in some hidden pages in the Guardian: if the temp. rises about 35 WBT we'r dead. And this summer we'r about to reach 34 in some places. So keep that in mind, and take your fridge with you, wherever you go.
Old 08-10-2017, 03:53   #9
SRN

SRN is a splendid one to beholdSRN is a splendid one to beholdSRN is a splendid one to beholdSRN is a splendid one to beholdSRN is a splendid one to beholdSRN is a splendid one to beholdSRN is a splendid one to beholdSRN is a splendid one to behold

Facebook happened. Sucked the oxygen out of the room.
That, plus Seth has grown up and to a large extent moved on.
Hope he never shuts it down, but who among us ever felt it would last this long?
SRN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2017, 06:33   #10
genemhiller

genemhiller is on a distinguished road

Good to reminisce some of the old posts.
genemhiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2017, 13:50   #11
Billyga

Just an observation regarding how privacy on the Internet is no longer the concern it once was. Indeed, even the government once encouraged anonymity when posting publicly on the Internet in forums such as this and in chat rooms. Now, the government alphabet agencies embrace and depend on the full openness of social media. How stupid we have become as we have willingly given up our privacy to the benefit of the government spies. And given that privacy tweaks are available when using Facebook, any government agency can subpoena access to your Facebook account and many employers demand access to your account before hiring you.

Old 08-16-2017, 04:28   #12
genemhiller

I read an article about the DOJ demanding the IP addresses of the visitors of ANTIFA. Is it related to what you have said?
Old 08-16-2017, 23:38   #13
Billyga

Quote:
Originally Posted by genemhiller View Post
I read an article about the DOJ demanding the IP addresses of the visitors of ANTIFA. Is it related to what you have said?
Not really. The members of that web site assumed their information was private and now the DOJ is demanding the site give up the IP's of their members. In social media, users willingly post personal information for the public to see and even if they keep their information private from other users, they should know that it can be accessed with a subpoena.

Old 08-17-2017, 02:28   #14
genemhiller

Yes, that's quite true. I actually remove my birth date, state, and also the link to my mobile number. Aside from that, I am an open person in terms of social media but with moderation. I don't overshare photo and updates especially with tagging my current location.